Students that work in these positions may be eligible for fee remission based on the number of hours worked.
- GSR - Resident
- GSR - Non-Resident
- Reader/Tutor - Student
Planning Level of Detail
As with pooled positions, fee remission planning is done for each unique intersection of:
- Pooled Position
- Dept ID
Fee Remission expenses are currently posted in September for fall semester and in February for spring semester. Planners should enter fee remission expenses in these months.
Enter Total Dollar Amount or Headcount
As a planner, you have a choice of how to enter your budget for fee remission in HCP. You can either enter the:
a) Total dollar amount you plan for fee remission, or
b) Number of headcount and have HCP multiply that by the fee remission rate
Create and Manage Fee Remission Task
The Create and Manage Fee Remission task presents data by pooled position, Dept ID, Fund, Chart1, and Account. In the Account column:
- A5380X – Fee Remission – Amt is the account where you can enter the total fee remission planned for the intersection.
- 5380X – Fee Remission – Plan is presented with a gray background because it is a system calculated value. In this example, the two amounts are the same.
In the case where a planner enters the number of headcount to receive fee remission, HCP multiplies the headcount by the rate for the pooled position, which can be seen in the Fee Remission Rates tab. The Pooled Headcount account is not included in the Plan Fee Remission tab by default; it must be added by the planner.
Add Fee Remission
You can use the Add Fee Remission function to two distinct reasons:
- You have a new pooled position or a new combination of Dept ID, Fund, and Chart1 for a pooled position that is already planned.
- For an existing pooled position, you prefer to enter headcount and have HCP calculate the fee remission. In this case, you create a fee remission with the same Pooled Position, Dept ID, Fund, and Chart 1 that already exists but you enter the headcount instead of the total dollar amount.
Procedure to Add Fee Remission
1. With your cursor on the intersection for which you’d like to add Pooled Headcount, right-click and select Manage Fee Remission \ Add Fee Remission from the quick menu.
2. In the Runtime Prompts – Add Pooled Fee Remission dialog box, enter the headcount.
3. Leave the value for Optional: Enter Monthly Amount blank.
4. Review all of the other selections and click Launch to add the intersection.
5. Click OK to acknowledge that the new intersection has been created and populated with the headcount entered.
Note: When a fee remission is added only to the September and February months because that has been when the Graduate Division has been processing the transactions. The form makes all months available for planning to allow for planners to input adjustments throughout the year.
Complete Exercise 6 to practice before continuing.