Smart View Curriculum
CalPlanning runs on the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System. Included in the EPM suite is Smart View, an Excel interface to CalPlanning. With Smart View, you can enter data into CalPlanning (CalPlan and HCP) and you can create your own ad hoc reports to extract data in the format that works best for you. There are 2 courses in the Smart View curriculum:
- Smart View Ad Hoc for CalRptg
- Smart View for Planning
Software Installation Requirements
- Prior to beginning a Smart View course, it is recommended that you have Smart View installed on your desktop. If you do not have Smart View installed, submit a ticket with Service Now to request the installation.
- If you are not on campus, you'll need to launch the Virtual Private Network (VPN) called GlobalProtect before launching Smart View.
- If you are a Mac user, you will need to access Smart View via Citrix. The instructions are included in the self-study materials.
Smart View Ad Hoc for CalRptg is a blended learning course that introduces participants to the Smart View Essbase application using the CalRptg database. Participants will learn to create ad hoc queries and reports to extract information in the format they desire.
This blended learning course is structured in two parts, each with 2 hours of self-study required prior to a two hour group session held online using Zoom. The two group sessions are scheduled approximately one week apart. An Office Hour will be scheduled prior to each group session to provide support for the self-study portion of the course material. You must attend both sessions to complete the course. Enroll in a class.
Pre-Requisite: Completion of CalPlanning: Intro & Reporting or equivalent knowledge of CalRptg data and experience with CalRptg reports
Designed for CalPlanning users who are experienced with the web interface of CalPlan, Smart View for Planning introduces the Excel interface of Smart View that you can use to enter data into the CalPlan and HCP Forms.
You will learn how to launch Smart View, access the CalPlan forms and enter data, and understand the differences between saving data in Excel and CalPlan. This will allow you to upload your budget and forecast data from Excel directly into the CalPlan tool. The concepts in this course are applicable to HCP via Smart View as well.
This blended learning course has 2 hours of self-study material that you complete prior to participating in a 1 hour group learning session. Enroll in a class.
Pre-requisite: Completion of Navigating CalPlan or experience using CalPlan via the web interface
|Pre-Requisite||Self-Study||# of group sessions||Session length|
|Ad Hoc CalRptg||Completion of CalPlanning: Intro & Reporting or equivalent knowledge of CalRptg data and experience with CalRptg reports||2 - 4 hours||2||2 hours|
|Planning||Completion of Navigating CalPlan or experience using CalPlan via the web interface||2 - 3 hours||N/A||N/A|
Smart View Ad Hoc for CalRptg
Group Session Exercises
Smart View for Planning
Smart View Job Aids
- Smart View Ad Hoc for CalRptg Dimensions job aid (Smart View allows you to directly type your members in into the Ad Hoc grid column and row labels. This job aid displays all of the most common members for easy entry.)
- Accessing Your Files when Using Smart View with Citrix job aid
- Restoring Smart View in MS Excel (No longer seeing the Smart View tab in your local version of MS Excel? This guide provides step by step instructions for quickly bringing back to its proper place.)