Getting Started Guide
The CalPlanning Getting Started Guide is a good place for new users to get begin learning about CalPlanning.
Office hours are available so that you can ask specific questions about CalPlanning and Smart View. Request a session and indicate the topic for which you are requesting support. Office hours are an opportunity to get individual support for a specific challenge your unit is facing; they are not a replacement for training.
Our curriculum of CalPlanning and Smart View courses using a blended learning model. Courses begin with self-study using online “books” divided into chapters supplemented with practice exercises and short videos. Courses culminate with a group session using Zoom in which participants will work on case studies in small teams to apply the material covered in the self-study.
The self-study materials are available on the website for everyone to use; they can be a helpful resource for those that have already completed the training and are looking for a refresher. See the page for the course you are interested in to access the self-study materials and job aids.
CalRptg Only Role
- People with reporting access should start with CalPlanning: Intro & Reporting to learn to use the pre-designed CalPlanning report templates.
- Individuals that will design their own reports will also take Smart View Ad Hoc for CalRptg.
- In addition to the reporting classes described above planners will also need to take Navigating CalPlan and Navigating HCP to learn to enter plan data into CalPlan and HCP.
- Smart View for Planning introduces the Excel interface to the CalPlan and HCP forms for entering data. This class is also recommended for planners.
- For course descriptions and pre-requisites, use the menu on the top or left panel to go to the course page
This course has 2-4 hours of required self-study prior to the 1½ hour group learning session.
|Thursday, Sept 14||10:00 - 11:30|
This course has 2-3 hours of required self-study prior to the 1½ hour group learning session.
|Wednesday, April 19||10:00 - 11:30|
This course has 2-4 hours of required self-study prior to the 2 hour group learning session.
|Thursday, April 27||10:00 - 12:00|
This course has approximately 2 hours of required self-study prior to each group learning session. There are 2 group learning sessions in this course; you must attend both sessions.
|Thursday, Sep 21 and 28||10:00 - 12:00|
Smart View for Planning
This course has 2-3 hours of required self-study prior to a 1 hour group learning session.
|Wednesday, May 3||10:00 - 11:00|