March 12, 2015
CalPlanning is now available with the FY16 Operating Budget open for edit, the FY15 Forecast Planner Submission and FY15 Operating Budget Final snapshots available for reporting, and more.
FY16 Operating Budget Available
- The FY15 Forecast was copied to the FY16 Operating Budget.
- The FY15 Forecast Working data was copied to the FY16 Operating Budget.
- The FY15 Forecast Ending Balances are now the Beginning Balances of the FY16 Operating Budget.
- The FY16 Operating Budget CalPlan Task List is now available for edits to Non-Compensation data.
- To view and edit the FY16 Operating Budget, update your User Preferences to:
- Scenario: Operating Budget
- Year: FY16
- Version: Working
- Planned Salary increases were applied to all employees in the FY16 Operating Budget. Details vary based on Collective Bargaining Units.
- A 3% salary increase was applied to all employees effective 7/1/15, with the exception of any known collective bargaining agreements that have been ratified.
- Known increases were input using the dates and rates stated by the collective bargaining agreements as follows:
Collective Bargaining Unit Assumption % Effective Date Academic Student Employee Unit (BX) 4% 10/01/15 Clerical Unit (CX) 4% 7/5/15 Hospital Professional Unit (HX) 5% 1/1/16 Patient Care Technical Unit (EX) 2%
Police Officer (PA) 7%
Registered Nurse Unit (NX) 2%
Service Unit (SX) 2%
Staff Research Professional (RX) 3% 10/1/15 Technical Unit (TX) 3% 10/11/15
Planned updates in CalPlanning are effective dated. User and system entered updates can be overwritten when manually updating employee details. For example, a 3% increase effective 1/1/16 will be overwritten if a user updates the employee record with a 5% increase on 1/1/16. It is not added on top of the 3%.
- For additional information on these increases, please refer to the FY15 and FY16 Operating Budget Global Salary Adjustments job aid.
- Composite Benefits Rates (CBR) were updated to theplanned FY16 rates per the Campus Budget Guidelines.
- Composite Benefits Rates have been updated in the FY16 Operating Budget using the Campus Budget Guidelines below:
- Campus Support was updated for each Division in Accounts 71xxx.
The FY16 Operating Budget reflects the best-known planning values of Campus Support for each division for FY16. The updates include both active and requested commitments of campus support that may be transferred in the next fiscal year. Values are provided for planning purposes and do not represent a final commitment. Planned amounts are subject to change.
Supporting detail for commitments at each CalPlanning intersection in accounts 712xx, 713xx, and 714xx can be found in the Division Folders on bDrive atbudget.berkeley.edu/shared. Divisional Finance Leaders already have access to their division folder, and can request additional access by contacting theirPortfolio Budget Officer.
- Account 71110
- Support for account 71110 - General Allocation can be obtained by running a PermBudg Ledger Summary report in BAIRS through January 2015 filtering on central funds.
- Account 75101
- Account 75101 - Dept Initial Transfers was updated with non-central-fund balances in the PermBudg as of 1/31/2015. Supporting detail can be obtained by running PermBudg Ledger Summary reports in BAIRS through January 2015.
- Operating Transfers – Plan
- Operating Transfers – Plan - Planned transfers will not be copied from the FY15 Forecast to FY16 Operating Budget.
- The 2% CSS Assessment is now Automatically Calculated in FY16 Operating Budget.
CalPlanning contains new functionality to automatically calculate the 2% CSS assessment for the FY16 Operating Budget each night, during the budget cycle.
- Account A56637 will be populated nightly and is no longer editable by users.
- The CSS rule calculates 2% of all expenses, excluding financial aid*, for all Entities and Funds subject to the monthly CSS Assessment. Currently the 2% assessment applies to the lowest level of Total_Funds excluding certain Funds listed here:
- 20247 - STDT CENTER FEE-MAINTENANCE
- 20249 - TRANSIT FEE INCOME
- 20250 - CAMPUS BASED FEE FINANCIAL AID
- 20252 - Rec Sports Program Fee
- 20253 - The Green Initiative Fund Fee
- The following Entities are included as part of the automatic calculation of the 2% CSS assessment rule:
- *Excluded Accounts:
- The Planner Submission version snapshot was taken after noon on 3/10 and is now available for reporting.
- The Working version remains open for edit, and Ending Balances now flow automatically to the Beginning Balances of the FY16 Operating Budget.
- The FY15 Operating Budget Final snapshot is now available for reporting purposes. There is no change to existing FY15 Operating Budget data.
CSS 2% Assessment Detail
Account A56637is calculated on a daily basis and will be read-only for all units, including non-academic units not included in the business rule to have their expenses charged 2%. There is a negotiated one-time amount that is withdrawn on Account A71420 for the non-academic units.
Once we copy over to FY16 Forecast, the rule will be calculated on both Operating Budget and Forecast.
Currently, the rule will only be run on FY16 OB because not all the Entities in FY15 FC have been added to CSS yet. Therefore, we are only applying the CSS 2% on-going basis to FY16 OB onwards.
Here are the specifications for the 2% CSS Assessment:
a)Funds - the lowest level of Total_Funds
excluding certain Funds:
20247 - STDT CENTER FEE-MAINTENANCE
20249 - TRANSIT FEE INCOME
20250 - CAMPUS BASED FEE FINANCIAL AID
20252 - Rec Sports Program Fee
20253 - The Green Initiative Fund Fee
b)Entity – applicable to only certain entities
c)A56637 = "Total Expenses" less certain Accounts * 0.02