August 2016 CalPlanning Release Notes
1. The FY17 Forecast is now available
We took a snapshot of the FY16 Forecast Final and copied the FY17 Operating Budget to the FY17 Forecast:
- FY16 Forecast Final is available for reporting
- FY17 Operating Budget Final is available for reporting
- FY17 Forecast Initial is available for reporting
- FY17 Forecast Working is available for editing (both CalPlan and HCP) and reporting
Read below for more details, including Actuals and Beginning Balance Loads and this winter’s Human Capital Management (HCM) data load into Human Capital Planning (HCP).
FY16 Forecast and FY17 Operating Budget finalized
The FY16 Forecast has been finalized based on edits made by the Divisions between 4/11 and 8/14.The FY17 Operating Budget has been adjusted to include final budget decisions, Budget Improvement Targets and removed CSS charges. A Final version is now available. The FY16 Forecast and FY17 Operating Budget can no longer be edited.
FY17 Operating Budget copied to the FY17 Forecast
The finalized FY17 Operating Budget (Working and Final versions) was copied to the FY17 Forecast Initial and Working versions. The Initial version is open for reporting, the Working version is open for editing and reporting, and the Task List is updated.
Remember to update your Point of View (POV) when accessing forms in CalPlan to edit the FY17 Forecast Working to:
HCP data in the FY17 Forecast
Employee and Position data in the FY17 Forecast has been copied directly from the FY17 Operating Budget Working version data. Data was not refreshed from the source system. We anticipate refreshing from HCM in the winter.
Since HCP data will be refreshed in the winter,to avoid duplication of work, we recommend only making changes if they are material or if needed for Q1 forecast reporting. Consider that any changes made to individual Employees and Positions during this period will be overwritten by the HCM data load in the winter.
What is an HCP data refresh?An HCP data refresh is the process of overwriting all existing HCP data in the current Forecast with new Employee and Position data from the source system, HCM. The result is fresh employee and position data for the current fiscal year.
What are the Composite Benefits Rates (CBR) in the FY17 Forecast?The Fringe Accounts and CBR reflected in the FY17 Forecast were copied from the FY17 Operating Budget. These rates reflect the planned rates published on theCBR page. We will update the CBR rates in HCP after the final rates are published by Space and Capital Resources later this fall.
2. June Actuals loaded and FY17 Actual Beginning Balances loaded to CalRptg (only)
- Final June Actuals were loaded to CalRptg, CalPlan, and HCPRptg as part of this release.
- FY17 Beginning Balances were loaded to CalRptg Actualsonly(not to CalPlan) as part of this release.
- Because additional technical effort is needed to load Beginning Balances to CalPlan, that data will be loaded in September.
- To allow for more flexible reporting, CalRptg is updated with Actuals on a daily basis. Depending on the timing of when you pull your data, CalRptg may include data for unclosed months (for example, when looking at the data between now and September 19th you can see FY17 Beginning Balances and July and August Actuals in CalRptg but not in CalPlan). See theDaily CalRptg Actuals Job Aidfor more information.
3. Actual Beginning Balances load to FY17 Forecast coming in September
CalPlanning will be unavailableMonday, September 19thto perform the following updates:
- FY17 Actual Beginning Balances to CalPlan for Actuals
- FY17 July Actuals to CalPlan
- FY17 August Actuals to CalPlan
- FY17 Forecast Working updated with FY17 Beginning Balances from Actuals
For assistance with CalPlanning, please contact the Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org.