If you are experiencing a timout error in Smart View, changing the timeout settings in the Smart View registry may resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
1. From the Excel menu, select Smart View
2. On the Smart View ribbon, click the drop-down on the Help icon and select Health Check
3. In the Health Check dialog box, scroll down to the Registry Information section.
4. If the KeepAlive Timeout, Receive Timeout and ServerInfo Timeout do not show 14400 second(s) in the Details column, update to that text.
5. Click the Update Settings button to save your changes.