The CalPlanning tools (CalPlan, HCP, CalRptg, HCPRptg, SmartView) are available.
Please review the April release notes for details about this update, including:
- New Budget Template and Compensation Drill Through enhancements
- FY2022-23 Forecast Working version has February Actuals
- Central Transfer accounts have been updated
- Annual removal of DeptIDs for planning has been completed
- Updated UCPath HCM data for planners to review and selectively copy to HCP
Please remember: When the "Copy HCM by Entity to Plan" is used by the planner, ALL "To Be Hired" data will be cleared in that entity. Make note of "To Be Hired" data (i.e. export the forms to Excel) in case you need to re-enter it.
FY2022-23 Forecast Working version will be updated with March actual data on Thursday morning April 13 between 6 am and 9 am. See the CalPlanning website for details.
To help make the CalPlan and HCP forms perform more quickly for you, we suggest that you set your preferences as:
- CalPlan MyOrg preference to an L3 org or below
- HCP MyOrg preference to an L5 or L6 or L7 org
This will bring back fewer intersections to display in your form and improve performance for everyone.
Training and support
- Budgeting for Experienced CalPlanning Users covers all of the CalPlanning updates in detail including budget data that has been seeded for FY24 and two new forms: Multiyear Budget Template in CalPlan and Compensation Drill Through in HCP.
- Budgeting for Experienced CalPlanning Users will be offered:
- In-person at Dwinelle 117 and via Zoom on Thursday, April 13, 2-3 pm | Add to calendar
- On Zoom Tuesday, April 18, 12-1 pm | Add to calendar
- On Zoom Tuesday, April 25, 12-1 pm | Add to calendar
- Office hours to support the use of the Multi-year Budget Template will be offered via Zoom:
- For people who are new to CalPlanning and those that would like a refresher, we offer a full curriculum on the planning tools, CalPlan and HCP, as well as the reporting tools. Visit the Training page on the CalPlanning website for course descriptions and links to enroll.
If you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance