Get access to CalPlanning
- To get access to CalPlanning, contact your local CalPlanning Access Provider and request access. Each unit has a CalPlanning Access Provider who can submit a CalPlanning User Access Request Form to change type of access or provide new access.
Access to the CalPlanning tools requires both:
- If you're a new user, make sure to enroll in the next available CalPlanning training when you request access.
- If you're an existing user, either previously completed training is required for user access level or a verbal agreement in place with Unit to provide coaching and training as needed.
Get CalPlanning support
- Each unit has a CalPlanning Access Provider and a CalPlanning Tool Assistant. Find out who your contact person is by reviewing the Local Unit CalPlanning Support list.
- Before you begin logging into CalPlanning, you may want to review the Getting Started Guide (updated 8.2.16).
- For technical help with CalPlanning, contact the Help Desk:
- Aavailable Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm PST, except University holidays:
- Call (510) 664-9000 option 1 (for IT), then 2 (for CalPlanning)
- Or, email email@example.com
2. Check the browser requirements
Before logging into CalPlanning, you may want to note that the CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only:
- Internet Explorer 10.x and Internet Explorer 11 with Enterprise Mode
- Windows 7 & 8.1
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
Read more details on the Browser Requirements page.
There are two ways to login to CalPlanning:
The easiest way to login to CalPlanning is through Citrix. This way, you do not need to worry about which browser you are using to login. You will need to install Citrix before logging in. You can find instructions on how to install Citrix here.
Once you have installed Citrix, you can login by clicking on the "Citrix Login" the button on the home screen.
It is recommended that you access Citrix with Internet Explorer (IE).
2. Browser Login
You can login directly via your browser but to do so you must have the right browser version, as well as set your browser and CalPlanning default settings.
Click on the “CalPlanning Login” button on the home screen.