Introduction to Calplanning
Introduction to CalPlanning
CalPlanning, UC Berkeley’s financial planning and analysis tool supports our efforts to align resources to strategy. CalPlanning enables the shifting of finance professionals’ effort from manual intensive exercises to analysis and decision-support. Ultimately, the goal is to provide a direct line of sight into financial plans and actuals at all levels of the institution that will enable multi-year, strategic decision-making within and across campus constituents.
If you are new to CalPlanning, check out our Getting Started Page.
Introduction to CalPlanning Training
This leader-led discussion session introduces finance leaders, planners and reporting only CalPlanning users to the budget process modules and the key concept for using these tools to create and analyze unit budgets
Participants will learn key CalPlanning concepts, understand how CalPlanning supports the financial goals and strategy of UC Berkeley and the annual Budget Process.
This class is the first in a series of six CalPlanning tool trainings for new hire finance professionals at UC Berkeley.
Introduction to CalPlanning Training Materials
- Introduction to CalPlanning Training Slide Presentation, (January 2017)
- CalPlanning Dimensions & Members Job Aid, (September 2016)
- CalPlanning Financial Data Flow and Timing Job Aid, (February 2017)
CalPlan Job Aids
- BFS to CalPlan Account Map Table (2/24/17) Lists the BFS Accounts and identifies which accounts are available to budget to in CalPlan and which Plan Only Account members planners should use for the individual Accounts not available in CalPlan.
- BFS to CalPlan Fund Map Table (Updated with Monthly Release) Maps the 25,000+ individual BFS Funds to the 19 Plan Only Fund members planners should use in CalPlan and HCP.
- CalPlan Account Values (2/7/13) Lists the BFS Accounts available in CalPlan.
- Internal Operating Transfers Management Form (2/11/15)
- Intersection Forms (2/11/15)
- Plan Only Fund Members by Fund Type (2/08/17) Defines the 19 Plan Only Fund Members available to budget to in CalPlan and HCP.