The CalPlanning Help Desk supports the following systems, only:
- Internet Explorer 10.x and Internet Explorer 11 with Enterprise Mode (see below)
- Windows 7 & 8.1
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0+ or higher
Signing into CalPlanning with the IE browser update
There’s been a change to the supported browser for CalPlanning, Internet Explorer. Microsoft is discontinuing security updates for Internet Explorer versions older than Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11). Because of this, campus desktop support will be available for IE 11 browsers but is being discontinued for older versions. You will now need to be using IE 11 Enterprise Mode to connect to CalPlanning.
- If you are using Citrix, your browser is managed behind the scenes and you can ignore this update.
- If you are using a “campus managed” computer (a computer supported by CSS IT), this update will likely have been made for you automatically and you won’t have to take any action. You can just keep signing in to CalPlanning as usual.
- If you are logging in to CalPlanning with a “campus managed” computer and you run into an error message about an unsupported browser, you likely need to add the CalPlanning URL to your Internet Explorer trusted sites. You can access the job aid on how to do this on the CalPlanning Job Aids page. If you have trouble trying to sign in, please contact your desktop support or submit a ticket to CSS IT.
- If you’re logging in to CalPlanning using a personal computer, a computer not supported by CSS IT, or a Mac, you’ll need to use Citrix. Citrix will allow you to connect to CalPlanning without needing to change your browser settings. If you need Citrix support, you can submit a ticket to CSS IT.
WHICH BROWSER AM I USING?
To see which browser you’re currently running, visit whatbrowser.org and it will tell you which browser you are using.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with CalPlanning questions.
The CalPlanning Team